- Information exchange on topics related to food production, food safety and food quality via workshops, flyers, lectures and publications
- Highly visible SELAMAT website; public and member area. (average page views/ months: 2700)
- Training courses: electronic (distance learning tool) and hands-on training. The following training courses are available: Pesticides, Mycotoxins, Dioxins and PAHs, Acrylamide and Furans, Heavy metals, Microbiology and GMOs, Veterinary drugs, Exposure assessment and HACCP, Traceability & Emerging risk
- Global Food Safety Legislation Portal and help desk for advice on methods and legislation
- Initiate joint activities including joint research projects (several EU funded projects / proposals with SELAMAT partners have been prepared).
- Support to members in participation of projects in EU framework programmes
- Set up of proficiency testing between EU and ASEM countries as desired by the members
- Approach for harmonizing various certification systems for Good Agricultural Practice
- Sharing information on food and feed safety control system
- Expert/specialist exchange between SELAMAT members
- Exchange of reference material for research purpose.